Are you someone who sees yourself as “green” or at least “greener” than most? If so, you may want to discover how electronics recycling in Ottawa can help to keep you on track. Ottawa garbage collection is not just a single stream of materials sent endlessly into a landfill. Instead, it can be done in ways that are far more responsible and in line with your personal or business commitment to an eco-friendly way of life.
Capital Junk offers electronics recycling in Ottawa that considers the overall toxicity of many of the world’s most commonly discarded devices. Let’s consider how our Ottawa garbage collection options can help you throw things out the right way!
- Printers – A printer may seem like a big amalgamation of plastic parts and small metal coils, but it has items that can be reused or recycled, and it also has some toxic materials that need to be dealt with properly. Our Ottawa garbage collection services include the removal and appropriate processing of all parts of a printer, enabling you to enjoy electronics recycling in Ottawa without any hassles or difficulties. No matter how old or outdated, we are glad to take your printers.
- TVs – The television has evolved very quickly and Ottawa garbage collection may not always handle a TV properly. Our options for electronics recycling in Ottawa ensure that an old TV (which includes a lot of raw materials, tubes and potentially hazardous compounds) or a newer model will be discarded in the most environmentally positive ways, with recycling done as needed.
- Faxes and phones – Do your Ottawa garbage collection needs involve outdated office machines such as faxes or larger desktop phones? If so, keep in mind that these are products with more than just plastic and rubber. A fax machine is a treasure trove of easily recyclable materials, and our options for electronics recycling in Ottawa ensure that every possible item is handled accordingly. Phones are also full of materials, such as copper, gold or platinum, and their plastic components are often suited to recycling.
- Appliances – It goes without saying that appliances are made of a surprising number of different materials, with some of them hazardous and others recyclable. The benefit of using electronics recycling services is that you can rest assured that every material is assessed and managed in a way that does no harm to the environment. This includes lightbulbs, copper tubing, and gases in freezer or refrigerator units.
- Computers – Though fewer and fewer people have old-fashioned monitors or larger CPUs, these machines are still out there. Whether it is an out of date clunker or a newer computer, it has a long list of materials that need to be sorted, removed and properly recycled or safely discarded.
The greener you are, the better it is for you to consider the benefits of electronics recycling in Ottawa. Experts say it is important to look at “e-waste” as a rich source of raw materials as well as an environmental issue. Let Capital Junk help you properly discard your electronics.